I had finally got round to packing my hospital bag 2 weeks ago under duress from my mother – but at the time, I didn’t know whether I would be going for a normal birth or a section.
Unless something happens between now and Thursday, baby will be arriving by sunroof! So, today, I’ve revisited our bags.
In the case:
- 2 nursing vests
- 2 nursing nighties
- 1 normal nighty (bought when there was a possibility of normal labour – I’ll take anyway)
- Pair of maternity/nursing pj’s
- Pair of maternity pj bottoms
- Flip Flops
- Various styles of nursing bras (4)
- Packet of big knickers!
- Going home outfit
- Bath sheet
- Maternity towels (1 pack, but think will need to take 2!)
- Breast pads (have decanted into toiletry bag)
- Plastic bag for dirty items
- Nappy sacks
- Toilet bag
- Hair bobbles
- Hair band
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Tresemme Heat Defence Spray (if I have to wash my hair)
- Macadamia hair oil
- Dry Hair Shampoo (if don’t get to wash hair)
- Shower gel and shower puff
- Face cream
- Shower cap
- Kindle – not sure I’ll actually have the time or energy to read – but better to have it!
- IPhone charger and earphones
- Mint humbug sweets
- Robinsons pocket diluting juice
Still to add
- Hairdryer/straightners! Not sure if many people take theirs – I did last time round. My hair is at a length where its too short to tie back when wet and I have really frizzy hair!
- Arnica tablets
- Natural Birthing Company Blissful Tincture as recommended by Jade over at Raising the Rings
- Facecloth and muslin cloth to use with the Blissful Tincture
In baby’s bag (using my Pacapod Idaho changing bag)
- 14 size 1 nappies
- Packet of cotton wool pads
- 6 sleep suits
- 4 vests (think I need to add a couple more!)
- 4 hats
- 4 bibs
- 4 muslin clothes
- Going home outfit
- Light blue cardigan
- White velour jacket
- White blanket
- aden + anais swaddle
I will also pack a backpack for hubby with a change of clothes and some toiletries in case he doesn’t get time to have a shower before we head to the hospital.
Have I forgotten anything? Thanks for reading!