How is it Monday again?
So my quest last week to not do a food shop and live off the remaining items in fridge/freezer/cupboard was a semi success/failure. Whilst I didn’t do a food shop, I cheated and ended up having a few meals prepared and cooked from our restaurant. So, again this week I still have plenty items to be used up. However, as the cupboards were bare of any treats, I did a Tesco online shop for a few essentials…and a lot of treats! I’m definitely going through a phase in this pregnancy of craving sweet things!
My shopping total for today’s delivery came to £25.42…so just over ever so slightly of my £25 per week budget….and would you look at that…not even a full meal in all of that!
- Monday – Monday Mince aka Spaghetti bolognese!
- Tuesday – Chicken Salad Wrap / Chicken goujons & waffles for the boy
- Wednesday – Pasta in a homemade sauce with sausages (and veg for me)
- Thursday – Rice based dish – chicken & veg savoury rice
- Friday – takeaway
- Saturday – Homemade Pizza Saturday
- Sunday – Steak Pie, pots and veg
So, that’s it for this week….I’m hoping to eat slightly better than last week…there were a LOT of cakes consumed!