So, I don’t usually follow recipes, I prefer to rustle up concoctions. As part of my #mealprepmonday plan this week, I added smoked salmon & celery risotto – this is as close to a recipe as I will get!
- Arborio rice (I measured 60g)
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/4 of an onion
- Mushrooms (optional – I tend to add them to everything!)
- Vegetable stock (could use fish, I only had veggie ones)
- Smoked Salmon
- Glug of white wine
- Knob of butter and some oil for cooking
- Herbs – I added sprinkle of mixed herbs
- Black pepper
- Parmesan (I didn’t have any)
- Put the butter and oil in a pan and put on low heat. Once melted, add the rice and allow it to absorb some of the oil.
- Add the garlic.
- Turn the heat up and then throw in the white until most of liquid gone.
- Add in vegetables, stir then pour in some of the stock.
- Bring to boil, then turn down to simmer, topping up with stock as it reduces.
- Keep stirring/topping up until rice cooked.
- Add herbs and black pepper.
- Once cooked, remove from heat. If I had any, I would have stirred through some grated parmesan at this point.
- Chop up smoked salmon and stir through.
- Sprinkle some extra parmesan on top for optional flavour.